Friday, January 18, 2013

Assassin's Creed 3

So I finally just finished up Assassin's Creed 3. The first half of the game I thought was amazing and I started to actually just explore and forget about the story for a bit. Little by little I got bored and eventually decided to just finish the story and then come back to explore everything else later. I realized that the deeper I got into the story, the less I really liked it. I really wasn't a big fan of the ending.
First of all, Charles Lee was shot. How did he survive long enough to walk out to a bar? This is the 1700s, if you get shot like that you're dead. Also, Conner had a chunk of wood sticking out of his side. Again, he didn't seek any medical attention and most likely would've died. And remember when he was told to hide that medallion somewhere where no one would think to look for it and he choose that grave? Yeah, like no one would look there lol. I felt like the final 30 minutes of the game was just videos and me having to walk 10 ft to trigger another one.

I never really got into the whole Desmond story and never had a clue about what was going on. All I knew was I had to find a key and save the world. Well, since I didn't really know what was going on, the whole ending to Desmond's story just didn't do it for me. I really just wanted it to end.

Now that may sound like a lot of negatives (and it really is), but there was a lot that the game did good. For one, the open terrain was gorgeous and the combat really did a nice job of giving you the option to charge in or sneak around. The naval battles were a thing of beauty and something that I haven't really seen in a game (not saying it hasn't been done, I just haven't been exposed to it yet). I just really liked how open the game was. You could go anywhere you wanted and climb buildings to your heart's content. There so many things for you to do and find that you'll find it hard to not have something to do.

Definitely a game you should check out, but you might want to wait until a price drop (can't imagine it'll be too far away).

No comments:

Post a Comment