Friday, December 28, 2012

2012 Tourney Round 2

Round 2 has completed!





Round 2 starts off with a fairly easy win for Assassin's Creed 3. Not much to say about that matchup. The next matchup to be decided was Max Payne 3 over Mass Effect 3. If you've read my review of Mass Effect 3, you'll know that as a single game, I didn't think ME3 was too good. The series is great and the ending was pretty good, but the whole game felt too tedious for me. Max Payne 3 is just a game with more depth and is just more exciting as a whole.

The other 2 matchups were much more difficult for me to decide on. Let's start with Diablo 3 and Borderlands 2. Now Diablo 3 and Borderlands 2 are very similar games in my mind, but Diablo 3 has that unique Diablo feel to it (+ 1 for Diablo). However, it requires an internet connection to play which is completely moronic (+ 1 for Borderlands). Both have cool multiplayer modes, but Diablo 3 has the better story line and the better graphics thus I have to give Diablo 3 a very narrow advantage. Diablo 3 moves on.

The last matchup is Dishonored and Halo 4, Master Chief vs Corvo (obviously MC would win a 1-on-1 matchup). Where do I possibly begin with this matchup? One the one hand, Dishonored gives you an open and free experiences where it encourages you to experiment with different skills and paths. On the other hand, Halo 4 has beautiful graphics and the familiar Halo gameplay. Halo 4 gets the edge on the story as I thought Dishonored's story was very predictable. I don't think you can go wrong with either of these games, but since I have to make a decision, I guess I'll take Halo 4.

That leaves 4 games left. Check back later to see who makes the championship.

No comments:

Post a Comment