Friday, December 21, 2012

Sunset Riders

While most people in the Midwest would be outside enjoying the recent snowfall, I like to take this time to do something a little more sensible...review a game! I wanted to review a NES game today, but since my NES is acting up I guess I'll review one of my favorite arcade games.

Sunset Riders is a shoot'em up game that takes you back to Wild West to take down some tough outlaws. The game has a pretty simple concept, shoot your enemies and avoid getting hit. There's not much of a story, but each level is unique and each boss fight is different and challenging. There are four playable characters, 2 with pistols and 2 with shotguns and with the arcade version, you can have up to 4 people playing it. The SNES version (the one I currently own. There's also a Sega Genesis version that I have not played) only allows 2 people to play at a time. The graphics and sounds make this game timeless. The game also features voice acting for the bosses and although they don't say much, some of there quotes are classics (You in heap big trouble!).

Definitely a Gamgasm and Must Buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment