Saturday, February 23, 2013

Things I'd Like to See From Next Gen Consoles

With the latest announcement of the PS4, a friend asked me what I'm hoping for from the next generation of consoles. My response was basically "Games with better content rather than just graphics." My opinion of newer games is they just try to impress you with how good they can display something. Well, that might bring people in, but it's the content that keeps them there. Skyrim is an example of a game where the content is better than the graphics, and you know what? Skyrim is amazing, plain and simple. On the flip side, lets take Dead Space 2 for example. The graphics were incredible, but there wasn't much else to it which made it a sub-par game. Games need to get back to their roots. Whatever happened to the Suikoden 2s and the Chrono Triggers.

I also don't understand this fascination people have with the downloading of games. Am I the only one who would rather buy a physical copy of a game rather than download it? You can't resell a download and you can't sell a console for more because there's a game downloaded onto the hard drive. To me it just seems like a waste of money to buy a virtual copy of a game. Virtual copies of games also look at lot less impressive than a room full of physical copies. Maybe I'm just a type of gamer that is slowly becoming extinct. I certainly hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment