Sunday, April 28, 2013

Garage Sale Finds

Friday was a day of garage sailing for me and although it wasn't quite as rewarding as last year, I managed to find a few things. Here be a brief summary of what I picked up.

Sega Genesis:Awesome Possum, Thunder Force II, NBA Jam, Mortal Kombat 3, Street Fighter II Special Champion Edition, Primal Rage, Golden Axe

NES: Archon, Dig Dug II, Castlevania II Simon's Quest, TMNT II

Awesome Possum sounded...well awesome...but it didn't look like it lived up to it's name. Definitely a unique game though. Thunder Force II actually turned out to be a pretty enjoyable game. Worth the $.50 I spent on it. Mortal Kombat 3 and Street Fighter II, well I'm not a big fan of fighting games, but they both seemed like every other fighter. So if you like fighters, then you'll like these. NBA Jam is NBA Jam, very solid game. Primal Rage gave an interesting twist on the fighter series, but still just another fighter game to me. Golden Axe simply a classic beat'em up game.

As for the NES games, Archon gave a unique twist to what I believe is chess. Interesting, but didn't grab my attention for more than 2 minutes. Dig Dug II was fairly enjoyable and I could see myself playing it when I'm insanely bored one day. Castlevania II looked promising, but I haven't gotten into it enough to come to a conclusion on it. TMNT II is a fun beat'em up game as all of the TMNT games are.

Overall, not a bad way to spend $25.

No comments:

Post a Comment